Wednesday 4th November, 5.00 p.m. for 5.15 p.m. start
DAV 014 (David Building), Anglia Ruskin University, East Road, Cambridge
- What are the relative merits of free and fair trade?
- Is there any common ground?
- Can trade benefit the developing world?
Sir Teddy Taylor, Free Trade League, one-time MP for Southend-on-Sea
Toby Quantrill, Head of Public Policy at the Fairtrade Foundation
There will also be a short account of a visit to a Fairtrade project
- Does Fairtrade benefit the developing communities to a degree consistent with its price premium?
- Would eliminating British, or EU, trade barriers, agricultural subsidies and such like effectively help developing countries?
- And are these two schemes in any way comparable in benefits, ease of introduction, or potential competition as methods?
- Should there be competition among Fairtrade certification schemes?