Police priorities for the south of Cambridge will be set next Monday at the South Area meeting, which will take place at Homerton College, starting at 7.30pm.
Following the election of a new chair, there will be an Open Forum, when anyone can speak or ask a question.
After a report on Cherry Hinton High Street comes the police report and priority-setting. Police will report on their activity over the summer and set priorities for the coming three months.
They have been focussing on the supply of Class A drugs and propose to continue with this. There have been reports of illegal drugs dealing and consumption in Hills Road and I would welcome further feedback on this to present at the meeting.
The police also propose to prioritise cycle crime and cycling offences, both of which will be welcomed by many people – not necessarily the same people!
There will be further reports on:
- the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime & Policing Act and its implications for this area
- Developers’ contributions
- consultation on the 20mph project
At the South Cambridge Area meeting this week (7th November), police agreed two new priorities:
- attending the Morley and Queen Edith’s Primary Schools and Homerton Children’s Centre to crack down on illegal or dangerous driving and parking
- cycle theft in Trumpington, as there has been a big increase in the last few months, mainly in Hills Road
They will continue with these objectives from the last quarter, slightly adapted to take account of offenders moving from one area to another:
- moped misuse in Queen Edith’s and Cherry Hinton
- anti-social behaviour and drug misuse in Cherry Hinton
Thanks to Mrs Ann Winter from Queen Edith’s, who addressed the meeting about the problems experienced with bad driving and parking in Godwin Way (the road where Queen Edith’s Primary School is). The petition for yellow lines on the Godwin Way/ Close corner now has nearly 50 signatures: do sign it if you haven’t already. Thanks to Layla Vandenbergh, who has put it on line on the County Council’s website: http://epetition.cambridgeshire.public-i.tv/epetition_core/view/GodwinParking. I have paper copies to sign if anyone would like one.